As a VA professional, your opportunities are endless. Not only is it the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the Nation, but we also provide many other services to Veterans through the Benefits Administration and National Cemeteries. VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.Learn more about this agency
ResponsibilitiesAs a Food Service Worker, your duties include but are not limited to the following:
Work Schedule: Part Time and Full Time positions Rotating schedule with rotating days off
- Deliver trays to patients, resident's bedside, and/or patient dining rooms via tray truck.Pick up soiled trays.
- Move, clean, and return tray trucks to dish washing area.
- Clean tables and accessory food service equipment.
- Work as tray runner and work various positions of the area, restocking tray assembly area as needed.
- Set-up and operate a mechanical dishwasher.
- Ensure dishwashing machine is operating at proper temperatures.
- Perform routine cleaning duties such as sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning windows and walls, and cleaning exhaust hood(s).
- Portion beverages and make cold sandwiches.
- Set-up food stations, serve food items, and replenish food stations as needed.
- Operate the pot and pan washing machine and garbage disposal.
- Scrape, wash, and store dishware, utensils, pots, pans and racks.
Position Description Title/PD#:
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526074900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.