This position is part of the Office of the Chief Information Officer, Office of the Secretary of Interior. The Associate Privacy Officer (APO) is responsible for planning, developing, analyzing, evaluating and administering the Office of the Secretary Privacy Program. The vacancy will be filled in either Lakewood, CO or Washington, D.C. The salary ranges are: Lakewood, CO: $112,133 - $145,772 and Washington, DC: $114,590 - $148,967.Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for the full Privacy Program management for the Departmental Offices in the Office of the Secretary.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and adherence to policies/procedures covering the collection, handling, safeguarding, sharing and disclosure of personally identifiable information in compliance with Federal laws, regulations and policies.
- Oversee and manage Bureau compliance with the Privacy Act of 1974, the E-Government Act of 2002, Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA), and others in coordination with the Departmental Privacy Officer.
- Ensure Privacy Impact Assessments are conducted as required for information systems, projects, information collections developed within the Bureau in accordance with Departmental policy requirements.
- Maintain Bureau System of Records Notices (SORNs) for records about individuals in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974.
- Work with system managers to review and update SORNs and support Departmental Privacy Officer review and approval process for SORN publication in the Federal Register.
- Lead privacy program activities and is the Office of the Secretary primary point of contact with the Departmental Privacy Officer, Federal, Tribal, state and local government offices, organizations, and the public in addressing privacy issues.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/526027900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.