The Deputy Director, DLA Finance is delegated full authority and responsibility for planning, programming, formulating, justifying and executing Program Objectives Memorandum (POM) and budget programs and processes for the effective and efficient control and utilization of over $38 billion annually that supports DLA goals missions and objectives. Specific duties of the position are as follows:Learn more about this agency
- Represents the Agency in the Departmental Budget Officers' forums where DoD budget policies, programs, and philosophies arc developed, and in which decisions are made with regard to resource usage within the Department.
- Participates fully with the CFO in overseeing and executing the development of goals, objectives and plans and oversees implementation of the actions required for the Agency to achieve and sustain DLA financial statement auditability.
- Assists the CFO in guiding and overseeing Agency business systems modernization efforts to ensure compliance with Federal and Departmental financial architecture and system requirements and standards.
- Responsible for and exercises broad judgment, discretion and initiative in designing organizational structures and managing subordinate organizations and programs.
- Oversees the design and implementation of mechanisms to provide reasonable assurances that obligations and costs comply with laws and funds property and other assets are safeguarded against waste, loss, unauthorized use or misappropriation.
- Guides the Agency's resource requirements through the Department, Office of Managerial and Budget and the Congress through attendance at high-level budget hearings and testimony before Congressional committees.
- Participates fully in all organizational and personnel matters that affect mission achievement and is responsible for defining, controlling, facilitating and evaluating financial management processes carried out at DLA field activities.
- Functional responsibility includes the development interpretation and application of financial management policy and procedures as well as development and implementation of budgetary strategies.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525992500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.