The sciences and Exploration Directorate, Computational and Information Science and Technology Office, High Performance Computing Group (Code 606.2) is looking for a highly skilled lead to manage the existing environment while developing and implementing new high performance information technology solutions for science.Learn more about this agency
This vacancy announcement is being re-advertised. Applicants who applied under GS19D0032 must re-apply to be considered. The payment of relocation is not authorized.
- As a Computer Engineer, specializing in Data Systems, you will provide operations management, strategic planning, and design, and procurement.
- You will provide integration into operations of project-specific and shared-resources for high performance computational resources and services.
- This includes all systems and services within the NASA Center for Climate Science (NCCS) at the Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC).
- This will provide high-end information technology systems and services for the NASA science community with an emphasis on climate and weather research.
- You will direct and/or manage the development and design of large, new, and unusually complex high-end information technology solutions that impact national programs, and result in major advancement in the state-of-the-art of broad technologies.
- You will facilitate technologies transfer activities thru interactions with other NASA and Federal computing centers leadership.
- You will serve as a recognized computer science expert and/or computational and mathematical science expert.
- You will serve as a technical authority, and technical advisor/consultant to management, other government agencies, and the industry in a specialty area of high performance computing systems.
- You will articulate and communicate to a team the assignment, project, problem to be solved, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review, and deadlines and time frames for completion.
- You will identify, distribute, and balance workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow, skill level, and /or occupational specialization.
- You will make adjustments to accomplish the workload in accordance with established priorities to ensure timely accomplishment of assigned team tasks; and ensure each employee has an integral role in developing the final team product.
- You will monitor and report on the status and progress of work, checking on work in progress and reviewing completed work to see that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities; methods, deadlines, and quality have been met.
- You will prepare reports and maintain records of work accomplishments and administrative information, as required, and coordinate the preparation, presentation, and communication of work-related information to the supervisor.
- You will integrate and coordinate the efforts of agency personnel with those of contractors in research, development, and engineering.
- You will provide authoritative technical decisions, advice, and consultation to contractors on variables and unknowns affecting planning, coordination, and critical problems with respect to safety, costs, and budget.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525967300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.