These positions are located in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, in the Resource Management and Science Division. Please visit find a park for additional park information.Learn more about this agency
Temporary positions not-to-exceed 1039 regular hours in a service year may be terminated sooner or extended depending on management needs.The seasonal entry-on-duty period for Great Smoky Mountains National Park is May-Nov, but can be variable during certain situations. Anticipated Entry on Duty: May 12, 2019.
- Assists park ecologists and biologists with inventory and monitoring projects including long term vegetation monitoring, vegetation community accuracy assessments and wetland delineations.
- Implements established natural resource management projects. Following instructions and standardized procedures, collects and organizes field data. Ensure adequate quality control of data collected. Performs routine and recurring testing of collected samples. Records all data collected and provides preliminary assessment and classification of the information. Seeks assistance for situations not covered by instructions or guidelines.
- Makes field observations of natural resource conditions. Evaluates observed conditions and problems, and makes preliminary determinations on the cause of problems noted. Provides results to higher-level specialists for analysis.
- Assists in the preparation of reports, plans, and guidelines. Draft project reports may include literature research, descriptions of methods, preparation of graphs and charts, and summary of findings.
- Utilizes a variety of computer programs to compile, reduce, store, retrieve, analyze, and report data and other resource management information, including natural science research and long-term monitoring projects. Maintains and organizes computer databases.
- Provides information to other employees and visitors about the natural resource management program; refers unusual questions to the supervisor. May develop and present related interpretive programs to the public.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525930000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.