The purpose of this position is to serve as an Intelligence Research Specialist in the Office of Intelligence and Analysis (OIA).
Pursuant to 50 USC § 3024 (v), and with concurrence and consultation with the Director of National Intelligence and the Director of the Office of Personnel Management, this position is being established in the excepted service as an element of the intelligence community within the Department of the Treasury.Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-14. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Serves as a technical expert on writing, editing, and applying best practices in analytic standards, methodologies, and tradecraft to produce in-depth, all-source intelligence reports, papers and assessments.
- Represents OIA, U.S. Department of the Treasury, at interagency meetings.
- Analyzes and interprets a wide variety of information to present conflicting information and opposing points of view in clear, cohesive written form.
- Mentors and coaches junior analysts and oversees and guides participation in research projects.
- Designs new methods to solve problems where established methods and procedures are not applicable or are unavailable.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525903900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.