The primary function of this position is to serve as Engineering Technician for the Project Section, Facility Management Service at the VA Caribbean Healthcare System (VACHS), San Juan, Puerto Rico. Serves as an Engineering Technician in the Project Section of Facility Management Service, with the overall coordination of any assigned construction project.Learn more about this agency
- Assists in performing and/or directing the survey and investigations at the project site to determine the condition of facilities and to secure necessary data prior to initiating design, evaluates the data obtained and incorporates the salient factors into design considerations and solutions.
- Assists in evaluating design objectives, performs technical calculations, identifies most economical and efficient procedures for project design and performance considering all influences necessary.
- Prepares detailed cost estimates for use in obtaining project funding and bid evaluation.
- Works, prepares, draws and plots plans and specification for projects including drawings as-built plans and technical drawings for renovations in existing buildings or new projects.
- Data gathering and investigations, preparations of as-built drawings, working drawings and/or analysis of technical equipment.
- Prepares correspondence, technical reports, estimates, fact sheets, status reports and schedules as required to complete project assignments.
- Assists in reviewing and evaluating shop drawings, samples and material certifications submitted by contractor for contract and performance requirements, recommending approval, rejection or receipt.
- Assist the project manager/engineer in the review of architect engineer firms works to ensure design excellence, contractual requirements and that the project intentions are met.
- Assists in performing, as requested, architectural/functional survey and utilities systems and/or mechanical/electrical systems engineering investigations at the project site to determine condition of facilities and to secure necessary data prior any design be initiated.
- Assists in preparing project application requests, cost estimates, drawings, justification, environmental evaluation and scoring sheet for the Chief Projects Section signature and funding consideration.
- Participate in construction projects evaluation, planning and coordination meetings.
- Assures adequate inspection and also control or monitor the construction operations.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: No
Position Description Title/PD#: Engineering Tech (Drafting)/11363A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: No
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525889400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.