*** Click on the "Learn more about this agency" button below for IMPORTANT information ***Learn more about this agency
The IMCOM G-9 mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
APG - Where innovation and imagination protect, enable, and sustain our Nation's War fighter today and tomorrow.
Applications for this vacancy announcement will be referred on Thursday, March 7th 2019 at 3:00 PM.
- Serves in a Child and Youth Services program in accordance with all regulations and standards.
- Applies knowledge and skill to assist in planning and implementing a full food service program that follows the policies and procedures of the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP).
- Follows standard recipes and separate 4-6 seasonal cycle menus IAW USDA CACFP and Army policies (i.e.. portion sizes, meal patterns, and "seconds" requirements).
- Meets with supervisor to coordinate infant feeding plans and child/youth allergies/substitutions when required.
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh or canned vegetables.
- Prepares hot cereals and concentrated or dehydrated soups, sauces and gravies. Makes cold sandwich fillings. Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, or breading.
- Weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items. Mixes ingredients according to precisely written recipes. Covers, dates, and stores leftovers according to established procedures.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources. Disassembles, cleans and assembles component parts and accessories, following safety procedures to avoid personal injury and damage to the equipment.
- Uses and cleans a variety of cooking utensils to measure, weigh, and process food items. Cleans, stores, and maintains all equipment and work areas after each use.
- Cleans other work areas and equipment, such as worktables, floors, walk-in refrigerators, etc., on an established cleaning schedule. Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food.
- Ensures that foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacteria growth. Serves as consultant to youth cooking clubs/health and fitness programs as required.
- Follow risk management procedures (i.e.. abuse prevention, identification, and reporting procedures; accident prevention etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525877500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.