The HCO mission is to make IRS an employer of choice and a leader in human capital planning and management. It develops strategies and tools for recruiting, hiring, developing and retaining a highly skilled and high performing workforce to support the IRS mission.
See Other Information for Locations
***AMENDED TO ADD ADDITIONAL POD: MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE (TN0005)***
***AMENDED TO ADD ADDITIONAL POD: CHESTERFIELD, MO (MO1833)***Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST DO? As a Human Resources Specialist, you will serve as a program consultant and exercise functional direction and program leadership over various personnel/payroll functions. In this position you will be responsible for accomplishing a variety of analytical studies and/or projects relating to substantive mission/oriented programs for the Internal Revenue Service. In addition, you will develop program plans, guidelines/procedures and participate in the evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of the assigned programs and systems.
As a Human Resources Specialist you will:
- Provide authoritative policy and technical advice, consultation and assistance to all Payroll-Personnel Systems (PPS) organizations and all levels of IRS management on the full range of personnel/payroll systems products and services.
- Provide expert assistance and advice in two or more HR Specialties of a wide range of advance HR principles practices techniques and regulations through seasoned consultative skills.
- Perform extensive research and analyze the results to develop recommendations to high level management through research fact-finding and evaluative techniques
- Apply personal computer and internal automation means to accomplish complex report/graph presentations data retrieval and to prepare directive memoranda and other written guidelines and recommendations relating to the projects.
- Apply management principles and processes to perform project management duties and to effectively coordinate and integrate project objectives and recommendations.
- Provide expert knowledge of a wide range of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques both qualitative and quantitative to accomplish complex projects or studies of broad scope.
- Provide expert technical assistance on the HR automated information systems’ procedures and applications. Resolve extremely complex/difficult problems encountered or referred from others within assigned program areas and analyze situations presented and issues involved where you will assesses management needs and/or concerns.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at http://www.jobs.irs.gov/
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 nights
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525836700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.