The G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VAMC is seeking an Associate Chief of Staff / Medicine to provide administrative, programmatic, and clinical leadership for Medicine Service to ensure achievement of the clinical, management and educational goals. The incumbent reports to the Chief of Staff and serves as a key clinical resource for the Medical Center Director and the Chief of Staff.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent has advanced clinical experience as well as demonstrated administrative and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to care delivery
- Documented ability to coordinate a broad continuum of programs
- Management experience with strong administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in providing clinical interface with other key stakeholders.
- Hands on clinical work, oversight, and administration of all aspects of the service, including guidance and training for residents and other trainees.
- Directs the continuous measurement and improvement of the quality of care provided by the service.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures high quality care through utilization of multiple quality measurement tools.
- Improves patient outcomes through the implementation of strategies such as clinical practice guidelines and critical pathways, health risk assessments, provider profiling, use of electronic medical record and clinical reminders, and case management.
- Continuously assesses and improves the processes of care delivery in the service so as to enhance patient safety.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Medical Centers goals.
- Encourages an atmosphere of trust and empowerment by example.
- Provides a clear vision of the future and leads the service through changes.
- Models behavior, attitudes, and action expected of all staff.
- Develops an interdisciplinary team of innovative, highly motivated individuals who are continuously striving for excellence in patient care and customer service.
- Develops a team that is technically competent and understands the interrelationships of all the medical center services in achieving the mission.
- Develops collaborative relationships throughout the medical center, including active working relationships with the other clinical service chiefs, in order to assure full support and coordination between the services.
- Effectively communicates with service employees, patients and their families, employees from other services.
- Exhibits clear, honest, and open communications in meetings and other interactions.
Work Schedule: M-F 8 AM - 4:30 PM (other times as required); subject to change based on agency needs
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525832300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.