VA Pacific Islands Healthcare System is seeking an experienced Health Technician ( Telehealth Clinical Technician) with knowledge in the support of patient care using telehealth technologies. this includes developing and delivering virtual and digital technologies which help Veterans communicate with their health care teams and coordinate, track and manage their health care.Learn more about this agency
This Vacancy is located on the island of Hawaii at the Hilo Clinical Based Outpatient Center.
ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Preparing the clinical environment, which may include preparing medical and telecommunications equipment to be used for clinical examination and treatment.
- Serving as an imager and data manager for store and forward telehealth (SFT) clinical encounters including tasks such as capturing images, collecting data and transmitting them electronically for clinical review.
- Completing standardized clinical questionnaires and templates within scope of training and applicable guidelines.
- Ensuring that patient privacy is protected by complying with all information security and patient privacy regulations.
- Receiving and scheduling requests for simple and complex intra-facility, and inter-facility telehealth appointments using an electronic resource based scheduling system.
- Screening patients for Telehealth modality and referring patients that do not meet established criteria to appropriate care.
- Monitoring and maintaining schedules of rooms, patients, technologies, clinical providers and presenters as needed to ensure efficient telehealth operations.
Work Schedule: 7:30-4:00 pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525805000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.