Position is temporary not-to-exceed 1 year with full benefits.Learn more about this agency
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The RN Outpatient Care Coordinator uses the nursing process and evidence-based practice to collaborate with the Core Team (Patient, Primary Care Provider, RN Care Coordinator and Patient Support Technician) and Expanded Team (family/caregiver, internal and community-based services involved in providing care to the patient) in developing the patient-driven holistic care plan for life. The RN Outpatient Care Coordinator is a member of the core team. The RN Outpatient Care Coordinator is responsible for collaborating with services internal and external to the VA to facilitate care transition in order to effectively meet the patients' needs. The RN Outpatient Care Coordinator provides patient and family health education with a focus on self-management, prevention, and wellness, based on patient's goals. The RN Outpatient Care Coordinator demonstrates leadership by serving as a preceptor or mentor to colleagues or students to enhance professional growth, development and practice.
- Provides a full range of nursing care (planning, delivery, coordinating, accountability) to patients with complex care needs utilizing the nursing process based on the ANA Standards of Nursing Practice, VHA Directives, and local policies.
- Initiates and implements interdisciplinary plan of care based on assessments.
- Accurately documents in the medical record patient findings, assessments, and care provided.
- Utilizes advanced clinical knowledge in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting, evaluating, and executing care for designated groups of patients across the continuum of care: Recognizing the age related cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation needs of the adult and geriatric patient.
- Treats all patients and families with dignity and respect.Listens to and honors patient and family perspectives and choices.Patient and family knowledge, values, beliefs, and cultural backgrounds are incorporated into the planning and delivery of care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner (Patient and Family Centered Care).
- Demonstrates leadership with compliance with infection control practices, such as hand washing and wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am until 4:30pm. No alternate work schedule available.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525787600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.