G.V.(Sonny) Montgomery VAMC located in Jackson Mississippi is seeking candidates for Chief Hospitalist. This position will be approximately 30% administrative and 70 % clinical. Academic and research time may be incorporated, as applicable.Learn more about this agency
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP). If selected for this position, you are encouraged to apply for this award program. You must meet specific individual eligibility criteria, in accordance with VA Policy 1021.
Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as the first line supervisor of all Medical Service Hospitalists (Staff and Fee Basis) and Inpatient Nurse Practitioners
- Responsible for the schedules for our Staff Hospitalists and Fee Basis Hospitalist to insure adequate coverage.
- Revises work schedules and assignments on short notice to meet frequent, abrupt, and unpredictable changes in prescribed workloads and deadlines.
- Reviews productivity of providers within the section and implements changes as needed to improve efficiency.
- Works within Medical Service and with other Services to assist with SAIL process improvement and meeting other facility wide performance measures with a focus on Oryx Measures, Inpatient Utilization, Inpatient Readmissions/Morbidity/Mortality, etc.
- Participates in various facility programs designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services, such as Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) teams, as assigned by ACOS, Medical Service.
- Participates in and attends medical center committees as assigned by the ACOS Medical Service or Medical Center Director.
- Participates in the selection of new staff; prepares for promotions and recognition of outstanding performance of staff he/she supervises.
- Provides guidance and supervision for the medical students and residents (interns, residents, and/or fellows) assigned to General Medicine House Service and Medicine Consult Services,
- Serves as a DOMA (Delegation of Medical Authority) for appropriate Care in the Community categories of care.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the ACOS of Medicine.
- Provides quality patient-centered patient care to both inpatients and outpatients.
- Serves as staff attending for Internal Medicine inpatient and/or outpatient consult services, outpatient clinics (including telehealth clinics)
- Participates in multidisciplinary activities involving the treatment plan and discharge plans of patients admitted to the Medicine bed services.
- Exhibits leadership in initiating changes in patient care programs based on current concepts and findings from research and studies.
- Assists in the development and implementation of education and training programs for medical students and fellows and residents, rotating through Medical Service accountable Clinical Services.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525738600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.