This position can be filled with a Psychiatric certified Nurse Practitioner or a Physican Assistant and is located at the Dwight D Eisenhower VA Medical Center, Mental Health Clinic located in Leavenworth, KS. This position provides patient care to our Veteran mental health patients.Learn more about this agency
This is an Open-Continuous announcement to fill vacancies on the Leavenworth campus. The first cutoff will be on March 14, 2019. Resumes will be reviewed and qualified candidates will be referred on a biweekly basis until all positions are filled.
Major duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complete outpatient psychiatric assessments and follow-up care
- Conducts and documents findings on initial, periodic, episodic, and/or annual health histories and/or MSE's, and/or physical examinations on patients seen in the clinical setting
- Documents findings and follow-up of all care provided, using the VAEKHCS electronic medical record, dictating notes and summaries as required, and seeking proper countersignature, when indicated
- Orders and/or intreprets appropriate lab tests, x-rays, EKGs, and other diagnostic studies/procedures as appropriate for diagnosing and/or medication management
- Detects and evaluates any significant change in patients' medical and/or psychiatric condition, treating as indicated
- Reviews medications for clinical need, simplification and possible drug-drug interactions and adjusts as indicated
- Collaborates with the client/family to establish physical, mental, cultural and environmental factors that facilitate or impede realistic goals and activities
- Provides education and counseling of the patient and the patient's family in preventive care, medical and/or psychiatric conditions and the use of prescribed treatment and drugs
- Maintains phone contact with patients, families and home care agencies as indicated
- Maintains updated Problem List and current health status for each patient visit as evidenced by interim progress notes and summaries in patient's medical record
- Serves as a mentor, consultant and coordinator for nurses and other health care professionals in clinics, hospital units, and home/extended care if such service operates in VAEKHCS and assignment includes this responsibility
- Coordinates health care services; participates on committees and professional groups
- Participate in quality assurance programs
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525706000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.