The position is located in Facilities Management Division (AFM), Operations Department of the National Gallery of Art. The purpose of this position is to repair, inspect, operate, service, troubleshoot and maintain building mechanical equipment, air conditioning, refrigeration, ventilation and heating systems, and necessary action to restore any electrical, plumbing or control (BAS) systems when an emergency breakdown occurs.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent is:
- A Journeyman who is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of all mechanical equipment associated with heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems at the national Gallery of Art and the Sculpture Garden.
- Responsible for the proper operation and maintenance of the various air conditioning and refrigeration systems that operate with various types of AC compressors.
- Responsible for the timely start-up, shut-down and regulation of the chiller plant, water circulation pumps, air handlers, and other support equipment from central switches or from decentralized switches in fan or equipment rooms to meet load requirements.
- Receives written work orders, oral instructions, blueprints, and sketches indicating the nature of inspection, maintenance, repair or installation of mechanical system components.
- Possess the ability to use and properly operate an Ohm, Amp, Watt, and Voltage meters; measuring instruments and testing equipment such as flow meters, recording meters, micrometers, psychrometer, velometers, and electronic leak detectors.
- Skill in servicing power sources, which involve tightening connections; make splices; insulating exposed wires; cleaning and lubricating moving parts; testing for proper operation, and replacing items such as belts, fans, and fuses, coils, electric motors, electric contactor, relays, and magnetic starters.
- Responsible for the electrical troubleshooting of all heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525681600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.