This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Family and Youth Service Bureau (FYSB), located in Washington, District of Columbia.Learn more about this agency
Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.
- Providing key advice to ACYF senior management and FYSB leadership and division directors in providing policy development guidance related to FYSB's work (i.e., runaway and homeless youth, adolescent pregnancy prevention, family violence prevention)
- Developing and implementing overall legislative and budgetary policy strategies and specific operational activities for the three FYSB program serving youth, individuals and families
- Representing FYSB in conferences, meetings, on-site visits, and inter/intra agency work groups to coordinate policies and program action plans implemented initiatives
- Analyzing academic research and evaluation related to youth, individuals, and family policies and initiatives for the purpose of making policy recommendations to the Associate Commissioner and the Deputy Associate Commissioner
- Negotiating resolutions to conflicts and/or program compliance matters and to stimulate and encourage program changes and innovations
- Assuring collaboration, coordination, and negotiation on key policy issues with other division and principals across ACF in the policy development process
- Providing advice, counsel, or instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters, planning work to be accomplished by subordinates based on priorities, evaluating work performance of subordinates, etc.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525628500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.