You could be part of an important initiative to provide mental health care for our nations Veterans! The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs mental health professionals who possess the energy, compassion, and commitment to serve those who serve our Country. Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of truly special and deserving people - our Veterans. America's Veterans need you!Learn more about this agency
Responsibilities, but not limited to as Section Chief of Inpatient Mental Health Services:
- The incumbent can be part of an on-call rotation of psychiatrists, including rounds on acute patients during weekends and holidays.-Supervision of Psychiatry staff in the inpatient and residential units.
- General oversight mid-level practice within inpatient and residential Mental Health services.
- Oversees clinical coverage of Inpatient Units and residential programs.
- Advice and counsel to workers related to work and administrative matters
- Psychiatrist and Medical Officer of the Day orientation.
- Clinical and administrative coverage for the inpatient Mental Health services, as needed.
- Participation and coordination of Medical Center clinical committees, as required.
- Managing Psychiatry discipline - specific issues/concerns.
- The Section Chief will work with the other Mental Health supervisors to ensure that appropriate disposition services and meaningful therapeutic treatments are being offered on the psychiatry inpatient service.
- The incumbent also acts in the absence of Mental Health Service Chief and serves on the management team of the Mental Health Service Line.
- Disciplinary measures as appropriate to the authority delegated in this area.-Review and approval/disapproval of leave requests.
- Assure that subordinates are trained and fully compliant with the provisions of safety regulations.
Financial Disclosure: Required.
RECRUITMENT/RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED FOR HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES!!
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525601700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.