OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?Learn more about this agency
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides direct clinical services at the Texas City/Galveston CBOCs for the ACOS-CBOCs. The NP works within the Mental Health section primarily in the outpatient clinic, providing specialty mental health services to the Veterans in the community. The NP will adhere to established policies, standards of care and standards of practice and demonstrate leadership when providing patient care. The psychiatric NP's duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provide mental health specialty care to adults in the General Mental Health Clinic which includes psychiatric screening /evaluation, completing a full psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, psychiatric medication management, counseling/education and coordination of the veteran's overall mental health care and treatment for a diagnostically diverse population.
- Management of patient care with and prescription of pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
- Routinely collaborates with supervising physician and members of the inter-professional care team to assure patient data is shared with appropriate staff.
- Order, interpret and perform interventions based on diagnostic studies including certain radiology and laboratory studies.
- Collaborate with members on the interdisciplinary team related to coordinating the patient's mental health care and treatment planning.
- Collaborate with health team members to facilitate positive patient care outcomes; and providing a full range of care to patients with a variety of physical and/or behavior problems.
- Communicate with patients, families, caregivers, and other disciplines to identify, analyze, and resolve problems affecting patient care.
- Perform ongoing review and data collection from the electronic medical record to assess compliance with quality care performance measures.
- Provides education and counseling of patients and families in preventative care, medical conditions and prescribed treatments and drugs, and other duties as assigned.
- Performs preventive health activities (including intradermal testing).
- Orders appropriate prosthetic devices and medical equipment.
- Experience in quality assessment and improvement activities
- Ability to coordinate the resolution of bio-ethical issues with patients, families, and significant others.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525554300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.