McGuire VA medical center is looking for academic radiologist with expertise in thoracic/cardio Radiologist. We currently have 3 CT scanners (Siemens Edge, Siemens Force dual energy and Toshiba 320 slice aquillion one). We currently have 2 GE MRIs (1.5T and 3 T) and 1 Siemens MRI (1.5 T wide bore) and are in the process of acquiring a fourth MRI system (3T high gradient). We utilize Syngo Via, ADW, Vitrea, Tera Recon and Dynacad workstations. Contact Dr. Khan 804-675-5323 or M.Rehan.Khan@va.govLearn more about this agency
- Attending radiologist in addition to their Cardio Thoracic specialty will also provide some General Radiology imaging expertise as needed within the Radiology Service, in accordance with existing practices and programs.
- Facility performs close to 1000/year Lung cancer screening exams. total number of imaging studies are close to 120,000/year.
- Facility performs pre A-fib and TAVR CT or MRI, Cardiac CTA and Cardiac MRI.
- Department provides education to up to 7 radiology residents.
- Participates in administrative, academic, and research activities relevant to the Radiology Service, under direction and the supervision of the Radiology Service Chief.
- Provides didactic and clinical education for resident who rotate through Radiology service, in accordance with institutional training agreements.
- Supervises and interprets diagnostic examinations within Radiology including different modalities like General Radiology, Fluoroscopy, CT , MRI and Ultrasound.
- Performs and interprets minor imaging guided procedures.
- Develops protocols, policies, and procedures for Radiology examinations.
- Participates in Tumor Planning Conference and other clinical and administrative activities related to patient care.
- Participates in Quality Management activities such as peer reviews, image quality, equipment reviews and other activities as required.
- Participates in institutional committees and boards as required.
- Maintains BLS and certification.
- Supervises Residents in daily clinical work, and ensure accurate and timely reporting of studies.
- Provide trainee evaluations in accordance with institutional training agreements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 08:00AM - 04:30PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525542600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.