THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, Position Description Number D1193/D1194 and is part of the WY Field Maintenance Shop 5, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, inspection, and/or overhaul of a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment.
(1) Perform limited diagnosis, routine repairs and maintenance on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
(2) Perform limited diagnoses to determine the cause of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses basic test equipment such as compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters and pressure gauges.
(3) Remove, replace, adjust, clean and install parts and components such as wheel seals, switches, sensors, fuel pumps, water pumps, power steering pumps, brakes, filters, radiators, bearings, springs, shock absorbers, wheel cylinders, starter motors, mufflers, battery cables, and other items of similar complexity.
(1) Troubleshoot, perform maintenance and major repairs on heavy-duty mobile equipment, combat, tactical and automotive vehicles.
(2) Troubleshoot equipment and diagnose the causes of mechanical failures by means of visual and auditory checks and/or uses test equipment such as engine analyzers, compression testers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, pressure gauges, and computer diagnostic tools.
(3) Remove and disassemble engines and major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and fuel, hydraulic, and oil pressure systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525533500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.