The VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System is actively recruiting for a board certified (or board eligible) Internal Medicine physician to work as a Hospitalist at our VA Eastern Kansas Health Care System located in either Leavenworth or Topeka. The main focus will be inpatient care, which includes managing patients in the inpatient wards, PCU and ICU. You will play an active role in optimizing the efficiency and effectiveness of the inpatient care process from admission through discharge.Learn more about this agency
Education and length of practice will be considered by a Market Pay Review in determining the final compensable salary (Base Pay + Market Pay).
Work Schedule: 7 days on, then 7 days off.
Please email your CV to James Pryan @ James.Pryan@va.gov or fax to 913-758-4111 attention James Pryan - Physician Recruiter.
Recruitment/Relocation incentives may be authorized for highly qualified applicants.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) is authorized for highly qualified applicants. PCS is the relocation of a household in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities (exceeding a 50 mile radius). For more information go to http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp .
This is an open continuous announcement. We accept applications for this occupation on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants will be considered as vacancies become available. Applicants will be referred to selecting official on a weekly basis OR until the closing date of this announcement. Applicants need not re-apply once the application is referred to the selecting official.
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. The Education Debt Reduction programs offers eligible applicants up to $200,000 (tax free!) for reimbursement of qualifying educational loans. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
This announcement will fill one (1) position in Topeka, KS and one (1) position in Leavenworth, KS.
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide coverage on inpatient wards/PCU/ICU
- Taking calls on Medicine patients in-house (Med/Surg floor, PCU and ICU) and CLC
- Managing emergencies and writing admission orders and completing required paperwork
- Managing transfers into and out of the facility
- Coordinating hand-off communication after hours
- Participate in, and at times lead, clinical and education administrative committees, task groups, or special projects
- Respond to code blue throughout campus
- Back up physician for rapid response team on campus
- Supervise mid-levels in Topeka and Medicine residents in Leavenworth
- Perform procedures:intubation, vascular access (arterial line/central line), LP, thorocentesis/paracentesis, chest tube and splints
- ACLS/BLS and out of OR airway certification preferred
- May need to cover ED occasionally.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required between the Leavenworth and Topeka campuses for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525533300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.