WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISION? The Wage & Investment Division (W&I) serves about 122 million taxpayers who file upwards of 94 million returns each year. W&I provides high-quality taxpayer assistance, and enable taxpayers to transact and communicate electronically to file their returns and make payments.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES A MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM ANALYST- As a Management & Program Analyst you will serve as an analyst, evaluator and advisor to management on the effectiveness, efficiency or productivity of assigned program operations. You will conduct analytical studies and/or projects to resolve substantive problems or improve effectiveness and efficiency of the operating line and administrative programs.
As a Management & Program Analyst you will:
- Accomplish various analytical studies and/or projects to resolve substantive problems.
- Prepare action plans for project accomplishments and ensure that plans are consistent with Service goals, schedules, and policies.
- Analyze project data, requirements, identify problem areas and determine resolutions.
- Perform complex operational reviews and prepare comprehensive program evaluations.
- Prepare feasibility studies, directives, policy statements, written guidelines and recommendations and conduct briefings to communicate findings.
- Develop changes in methods, procedures, and techniques to improve baseline measures.
- Conduct studies of employee/organizational efficiency and productivity.
- Monitor status and resources to meet goals and objectives and recommend adjustment of work plans and resources for project accomplishment.
- Plan, coordinate, and establish operating methods and procedures for accomplishment of project assignments.
If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
Occasional travel - 1 to 5 Nights per Month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525510300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.