This position is located in the Division of Depositor and Consumer Protection, Atlanta Regional Office of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and provides support to the Community Affairs Program.
Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement to fill identical vacancies that occur subsequent to this announcement.Learn more about this agency
As a Community Affairs Student Intern, the incumbent performs various tasks necessary to carry out the mission of the national and regional Community Affairs Program (CAP). The incumbent will be responsible for performing clerical and administrative work in support of the Community Affairs Assistant, Community Affairs Specialists and the Community Affairs Regional Manager. Such assignments include, but are not limited to, assembling materials for outreach and training conducted by the Community Affairs Program. Other duties include:
- responding to routine questions pertaining to the mission and functions
- handling routine requests for information of a recurring nature and refers other inquiries to appropriate staff member
- reading directives and instructional material pertaining to the functions of the assigned office in order to be aware of new, revised, or amended procedures for that office
- performing basic data entry and routine report generation
- participating in special projects assigned by the supervisor, team leader and/or higher level staff within the assigned office
- performing a variety of clerical and typing duties
- establishing, maintaining and revising a variety of files and records
Occasional travel - This position may require overnight travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525508700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.