The Clinical Dietitian is the medical nutrition expert responsible for independently planning, developing and directing all nutritional care activities for assigned patients, including those with complex medical and nutritional needs. He/she supports the facility's mission and coordinates nutritional care with other health care providers, the patient, the and the patient's family and the community.Learn more about this agency
- Evaluates nutritional assessments, and monitors the nutritional care plan through the physician.
- Monitors laboratory values closely and recommends appropriate changes in diet prescriptions to the physician.
- Develops and implements an individualized plan for medical nutrition therapy in accordance with
- the patient's medical program goals and objectives.
- Calculates nutritional requirements (calories, protein, carbohydrates, lipids, vitamins, electrolytes, fluid) and necessary diet restrictions or food/drug interactions.
- Identifies patients in need of nutrition support and recommends the appropriate mode of nutrition support, including suitable route, formula, and rate of administration.
- Utilizes assessment and evaluation techniques that consider age-specific needs as well as cultural, religious, and ethnic concerns.
- Assesses educational needs and provides nutrition counseling for individuals and groups, incorporating a learning approach that considers the cultural, religious, educational, and medical situation of the patient.
- Provides appropriate follow-up in accordance with patient's treatment goals, referring patients for outpatient counseling, community or home health service as appropriate.
- Assists in the education of dietetic students and interns.
- Participates in the orientation and training of new dietitians as necessary.
- Participates in planning and developing nutrition-related policies, procedures, and goals.
- Serves as the nutrition expert on the interdisciplinary treatment team which includes physicians, nurses, and other allied health professionals.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
25% or less - May be required to travel to Community Based Outpatient Clinics
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525444000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.