This position is located in Big Cypress National Preserve, in the Resource Management Division.
TERM positions do not convey permanent status in the Federal service and will be for a period not to exceed thirteen months, with possible extensions up to a total of four years without further competition.
- Open to the first 100 applicants or until 03/11/2019 whichever comes first. All applications submitted by 11:59 (EST) on the closing day will receive consideration.
Learn more about this agency
This position is a natural resource management position. This position is engaged in the study, inventory, monitoring,restoration,a nd management of a broad range of natural resources. Examples of program areas may include, vegetation, wildlife,fishers, exotic and pest species, sensitive species, and associated ecological components such as air, water, and soil. The biologist may also be engaged in the management and protection of resource values such as wilderness experiences, aircraft overflights, and natural quiet. May also include the following:
- Prepares, reviews, and/or evaluates professional documents for use by service staff and the public regarding complex resource management issues; including developing significant portions of natural resource management plans.
- Develop and maintain liaison and effective working relations with co-workers,contractors and cooperating agencies.
- Compile, manage, and analyze existing,long-term monitoring datasets.
- Support field operations focused on species recovery efforts and invasive species monitoring and control.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525436500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.