Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Public and Intergovernmental Affairs (OPIA), Office of Internal Communications. The mission of OPIA is to develop, update, and communicate the VA's key messages to employees and many other audiences through media relations, public affairs, intergovernmental affairs, outreach, and Veteran engagement in order to reach employees, Veterans and their families, other beneficiaries, and stakeholders.
This is a bargaining Unit position
Writing sample may be requested from Best Qualified applicants
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a Virtual Position
Position Description Title/PD#: Public Affairs Specialist/ Public Affairs Specialist/ 82156
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary in nature.
- Oversees overall planning, direction, quality control and timely execution of VA Insider, the VA-wide internal communications blog/portal. Produces, assembles and coordinates editorial content of the blog, ensuring that content is properly posted. Coordinates, solicits, receives and manages content and input for the blog from points of contact across VA.
- Serves as an OPIA Internal Communication's technical authority, editor and print production manager for print media products and special products. Produces, assembles and coordinates the editorial content of the publications.
- Manages national print, visual, digital and social media products, projects and programs so that they convey complex information on the Department's activities in an engaging and visually pleasing manner.
- Researches, writes, edits and prepares articles, speeches, proclamations, infographics, presentations, scripts, letters and other communications materials for a variety of print, visual and digital/social media vehicles.
- Produces content that is consummately written and meets the highest editorial standards for clarity, language, logical organization and style.
- Reviews and edits generated content in various communications products to ensure that communications products are well written and engaging; grammatically and factually accurate; meet quality and style standards; receive appropriate approvals; and accurately reflect Departmental policies, positions and goals.
- Oversees the planning, execution, generation of content, quality control and continuity of communications materials. Posts and/or disseminates communications products as required.
- Develops and maintains an Internal Communications editorial calendar for communications vehicles and ensures content aligns with other editorial content across OPIA and VA.
Ability to research, develop, and apply new ways to enhance the overall success of VA programs and nationwide Departmental communication goals.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel up to 20%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525332800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.