The VA Northeast Ohio Healthcare System is recruiting for a Clinical Dietitian. The Clinical Dietitian will function on the Parma Home-Based Primary Care team of Nutrition and Food Services and will service the following counties to include but not limited to: North Olmsted, Strongsville, North Royalton, Brecksville, Brooklyn. Counties within the territory served may be adjusted to meet the needs of the patients and Nutrition and Food Services/HBPC Program.Learn more about this agency
- Managing the nutritional treatment of patients in Home-Based Primary Care (HBPC) and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs).
- Conducting and records an accurate and comprehensive nutrition assessment (initial and follow-up) to include, but not limited to, anthropometric measurements, biochemical findings, history of dietary intake and drug-nutrients/herb-drug interactions.
- Developing and implementing an individualized plan for medical nutrition therapy in accordance with the patient's medical/treatment program goals and objectives.
- Planning, developing and directing nutritional care activities for all patients, including those with complex medical and nutritional needs.
- Identifying patients in need of nutrition support and recommends the appropriate mode of nutrition support, including a suitable route, formula, and rate of administration.
- Assessing educational needs and provides nutrition counseling for individuals and groups, incorporating a learning approach that considers the cultural, religious, educational and medical situation of the patient, including but not limited to, information regarding budgeting, menu planning, food purchasing and preparation, food storage, sanitation and emergency preparedness.
- Developing a therapeutic plan for specialized nutrition support, including enteral and parenteral nutrition for patients with complex medical and nutritional needs.
- Providing initial and on-going nutritional assessments of patients receiving enteral and/or parenteral nutrition.
- Ordering labs, diets, consults and prescribes nutritional supplements and thickening; coordinating nutrition interventions, including enteral and/or parenteral nutrition.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm; some flexible hours and weekends and holidays may be necessary to meet patient/service needs. May involve coverage for Wade Park inpatient or other ambulatory CBOCs; may provide coverage/support to other HBPC teams and outpatient nutrition clinics including but not limited to: Canton HBPC& Nutrition Clinic, Ravenna Nutrition Clinic, New Philadelphia Nutrition Clinic, Akron HBPC/HBPC PACT and Nutrition Clinic and Mansfield HBOC & Nutrition Clinic.
75% or less - The work requires a valid driver's license and the ability to drive long distances to access homes that may be in poor condition and have poor environmental controls. The incumbent will travel extensively, by car, in a wide geographic area. A General Services Administration (GSA) vehicle will be provided at the primary duty station to be used to travel to patient homes.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525219100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.