This position is located in the Surgery Department, Stratton VA Medical Center, Albany, NY and supports the Network 2 Mission to care for our Veterans with compassion and excellence. This position is responsible for providing direct patient care and surgery as well as teaching and resident supervision within the General Surgery Section of the Department of Surgery. The incumbent follows established guidelines, ethics, and policies and protocols of the Department, facility, and the profession.Learn more about this agency
If selected, your basic responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Participating in and managing all aspects of a general surgery program to include clinical, administrative, and academic components.
- Participating in and managing all aspects of general surgery practice consistent with your training and experience. This encompasses all areas of general surgery.
- Performing surgery and providing pre-op and post-op care as indicated for major and minor procedures, as well as consultation for inpatients and outpatients.
- Maintaining good judgment as well as excellent diagnostic and therapeutic acumen.
- Participating in a shared rotation of night and weekend On-Call coverage.
- Managing diagnostic, preventive, and/or therapeutic injuries and diseases including surgery in both operating room and clinic settings throughout the full spectrum of general surgical disorders.
- Teaching colleagues, residents, medical and nursing students, nursing and other ancillary staff.
- Timely documentation (notes and encounter forms).
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525212600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.