The Office of the Clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, is seeking a well-organized, detail-oriented, reliable individual to serve as Administrative Specialist. The incumbent performs and coordinates administrative, technical, and professional work related to financial, personnel, and procurement activities for all court units within the Court of Appeals.Learn more about this agency
- Develops and maintains a record keeping system for financial records and reports.
- Performs accounts payable and accounts receivable duties. Analyses invoices for accuracy, validity, and compliance with procurement policies and procedures. Verifies documentation for proper receipt of goods and services and prepares payment vouchers.
- Audits CJA payment vouchers for propriety of claimed items and amounts.
- Serves as a point of contact for the SmartBenefits program.
- Assists with day-to-day financial functions of the court and month-end financial reporting.
- Prepares personnel forms and processes a variety of personnel and payroll actions such as appointments, promotions, separations, terminations, within-grade increases, and changes to benefits.
- Creates new user accounts in the automated personnel record system.
- Assists with benefits programs, including distributing benefit materials, processing forms, assisting employees with online changes, addressing routine benefit questions, and resolving issues.
- Administers time and attendance and leave reports. Makes edits on timeclock reports for the Clerk's Office.
- Assists with fingerprinting and issuing building access and identification cards.
- Schedules, coordinates, and prepares materials for human resources-related events such as new hire orientation, exit interviews, annual benefits open season, and other related activities.
- Maintains and files permanent procurement files and reports.
- Manages the procurement database used by chambers and court units to request supplies, equipment, and services.
- Researches and gathers information needed for resolving billing issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
26 - CL - 26/01 - CL - 26/61
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525177400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.