The Phoenix VA Health Care System, Geriatrics and Extended Care Service is recruiting for a Program Specialist.Learn more about this agency
This is a NTE 1 year temporary promotion that may be extended or made permanent without further competition.
The Phoenix VA Health Care System is recruiting for a highly qualified and motivated Program Specialist to serve in Geriatrics and Extended Care Service. The Program Specialist is responsible for providing administrative, education and research support, and management of a wide variety of product line administrative elements related to serving the Geriatrics and Extended Care section. These other major duties include but are not limited to:
- Using Qualitative and Quantitative analysis techniques to formulate recommended changes to improve clinic utilization/effectiveness.
- Collecting, compiling and tracking data and statistical information.
- Developing/preparing reports for Geriatrics Service operations.
- Acting as Service liaison with staff from other services and develop working relationships.
- Responsible for the identification and syntheses of information needed to manage critical aspects of the Palliative Care Program with particular regard to training programs and research.
- Responsible for compliance, tracking and documentation of training program requirements as dictated by state and national governing bodies.
- Acting as a consultant to management on problem areas and programs requiring expertise in resource and program development.
- Managing the service's recruitment process, program schedules, and budgetary elements.
- Working in collaboration with Education and multiple sponsoring institutions.
- Providing diversified, high quality and confidential administrative support for the Program Director and Palliative Care Fellows.
Work Schedule: Full Time, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Specialist /PD# 20148-O
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525159900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.