OIG is organized into three line elements: the Offices of Investigations, Audits and Evaluations, and Healthcare Inspections; along with the Office of Contract Review, the Office of Management and Administration and the Office of Special Reviews. In addition to the Washington, DC, headquarters, OIG has offices located in more than 30 cities throughout the country.Learn more about this agency
This position will be located in one of the following locations: DECATUR, GA, ARLINGTON, VA, BALTIMORE, MD, BEDFORD, MA, HINES, IL, WASHINGTON, DC, DENVER, CO, KANSAS CITY, MO, LOS ANGELES, CA, SALT LAKE CITY, UT, BAY PINES, FL, AUSTIN, TX, DALLAS, TX, OR SEATTLE, WA.
The Management and Program Analyst (Senior Analyst / Analyst-In-Charge), is located in the Office of Audits and Evals. This position serves as a Senior Analyst, or Analyst-in-Charge, of a team that is responsible for planning and conducting performance audits, reviews, inspections, or evaluations of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) programs, functions, and operations.
The following are the duties of this position at the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Prepare and conduct program surveys and evaluations to address specific objectives.
- Perform important segments of the performance audit, review, evaluation or inspection; and identify techniques or methods to use in in gathering data and documentation.
- Ensure that work papers are accurate, complete and correct and are prepared in accordance with OAE procedures and the Government Accountability Office Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS), or the Council of the Inspector General on Integrity and Efficiency Quality Standards for Inspection and Evaluations.
- Perform complex studies, research, and detailed analysis for audit topics that potentially lead to high interest projects.
- Provide expert advice and guidance on broad projects and programs with overarching impact.
25% or less - Travel nationwide under tight deadlines. The incumbent should anticipate frequent walking and standing as a component of this travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525130600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.