The position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Veterans Health Administration (VHA), at the VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System in the Outpatient Clinics of the Office of Care Centers and Clinics in the Community (OC4). The primary purpose of the position is to provide oversight for personnel issues, leave requests, training, counseling, recruitment and hiring, and program analysis to make recommendations for improvement.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include:
- Sets team goals and technically directing the work of subordinates.
- Plans, assigns, reviews and accepts/rejects work done by subordinates.
- Makes work assignments, sets or negotiates deadlines, and designates completion dates.
- Develops work schedules for employees to support workload.
- Evaluates work performance and completes performance appraisals and disciplinary actions.
- Provides information and input to the Outpatient Manager concerning promotions, reassignments, recognition of outstanding performance and other personal issues.
- Arranges cross coverage in order to provide adequate telephone coverage.
- Conducts formal and information on-the-job training.
- Sets up clinic profiles in consultations with the appropriate clinical and administrative and outpatient clinic MSAs.
- Cancels, reschedules and blocks clinic appointments based on provider schedules.
- Tracks leave of administrative and clinical staff.
- Composes and sends letters to patients.
- Provides input for policy and manual updates.
- Ensures encounter errors and appointment wait time errors are corrected timely.
- Ensures consults are addressed by staff timely.
- Acts as clinic liaison and enters work orders as needed.
- Monitors timely documentation of no-shows and cancelations.
- Develops detailed procedures and guidelines to supplement administrative regulations or program guidance.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525091000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.