This Senior Executive Service (SES) position is located in the Office of General Counsel, Washington, DC. For more information on this office, visit their website: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/about-office-general-counsel-ogcLearn more about this agency
If selected, you must work at the location stated in this announcement.
The Office of General Counsel's (OGC) Deputy General Counsel for Operations serves as a senior legal adviser to the General Counsel, who is the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Chief Law Officer.
Specific duties include:
- Providing legal services to EPA officials and their staffs on EPA programs and activities.
- Providing legal opinions and legal counsel.
- Assisting in the formulation and administration of EPA's policies and programs.
- Serving as the Senior Resource Officer for OGC.
- Supervising OGC's Senior Executive Service Office Directors and Associates with non-environmental portfolios or those media offices specifically assigned.
- Providing resource oversight of OGC’s law offices.
- Serving as the backup for the Deputy General Counsel for Environmental Media and Regional Law Offices.
- Furnishing legal advice to top and middle-management officials and other staff at EPA.
- Managing OGC in consultation with the Principal Deputy General Counsel and General Counsel, as appropriate.
- Participating in developing EPA's legal policies and resolving any conflicts that may arise in the application of those policies.
- Providing legal advice to other governmental agencies interested in or affected by EPA programs and on matters involving coordination between EPA and other federal departments and agencies.
- Interpreting legal authorities affecting EPA actions.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/525083400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.