The Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care System (PVAHCS) is currently recruiting for two Physician Assistants to support our Midtown Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) located in downtown Phoenix, Arizona.Learn more about this agency
Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) funding may be available. Please contact Ms. Juanita Landry for information regarding how to apply for this program. Ms. Landry can be reached at 602-277-5551 ext 3026.
The Physician Assistant will assess, plan, implement, collaborate and evaluate the health care needs of patients with acute and/or chronic diseases. Will provide patient and family teaching, consult and collaborate with other health care providers, prescribe medications and refer patients to other services as needed. The Physician Assistant will work in a team setting with other Physician Assistants, physicians, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and support staff assigned to perform duties to accomplish the treatment of our patients.
(1) Utilizes clinical practice and telephone triage to assess urgency of patient care needs.
(2) Assumes accountability for coordination of patient care in Primary Care.
(3) Provides patient support and education during outpatient procedures treatments.
(4) Obtains a relevant health and medical history. Performs a physical examination based on age and history.
(5) Demonstrates expertise in documenting effectiveness of pain intervention, including the patient's perception and formulates the appropriate differential diagnosis based on the history, physical examination, and clinical findings.
(6) Identifies appropriate referrals to other health professionals and community agencies as appropriate.
(7) Plans, implements, collaborates and evaluates the needs and care of patients with acute and/or chronic disease.
(8) In addition to providing direct patient care, provides patient and family teaching, staff education, and consults and collaborates with other health care providers; prescribes medications and adjunctive modalities; and refers patients.
(9) Orders diagnostic studies such as laboratory tests, x-rays and other procedures.
Location: Midtown Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC), Phoenix, Arizona
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Discloser Report: Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524991300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.