About the Position: This position is located in the Department of Radiology, Director for Clinical Support at the Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH), Fort Belvoir, VA. This is a high tempo clinic that performs a number of exams to include routine and diagnostic mammograms, breast biopsies and breast ultrasounds. Frequent exposure to distressed patients, families or visitors may occur.Learn more about this agency
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation.
- Independently make examinations after conferring with the radiologist to establish the examination requirements.
- Schedule, receive, and review requests from physicians and other health care providers for examinations.
- Determine the condition(s) at issue and the procedures and equipment to best meet the needs of the individual case.
- Explain procedures to patient and family.
- Recognize the significance of all structures and the differences between artifact and normal pathology.
- Assure that sterile supplies and other required supplies are on hand as needed and are properly stored.
- Maintain up to date emergency "Crash Cart" assuring all items are present and within expiration dates.
- Ensure compliance with accrediting and regulatory requirements such as the American College of Radiology, Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT), Joint Commission etc.
- Assist in development of internal monitors, and coordinate and conduct studies to evaluate the quality and appropriateness of patient care provided by the radiology department.
- Perform the full range of mammography procedures in order to give instructions and guidance on old, new, and/or difficult operations; answer technical questions concerning procedures or the work process.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524954600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.