This vacancy is being filled through the Office of Personnel Management's Direct Hire Authority. All applicants who meet the basic and minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Traditional rating and ranking of applications and veteran's preference does not apply.Learn more about this agency
As a Contract Specialist in the Office of Acquisition Management, you will be responsible for all phases of the contracting function from pre-award through post-award.
- Conducts independent research, analyzes procurement requests, identifies and recommends alternative courses of action, and determines appropriate procurement action from among a variety of choices.
- Prepares written requests for proposals, which include a technical description of the acquisition, administrative and program support services and supplies, equipment or material required, terms and conditions of delivery.
- Oversees technical review in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Agency-specific requirements.
- Evaluates proposals for conformance with the solicitation. Determines responsiveness to the solicitation and evaluates bidder?s capacity to perform and comply with contract clauses and specifications.
- Leads negotiations in the pre-award and post-award phases of contracting amendments/modifications, time extensions or other changes to contracts.
- Makes awards or recommendations for award in accordance with delegated authority.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524951200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.