About the Position: The incumbent directs, coordinates, and integrates varied programs, initiatives, and activities that support the well-being and personal development of the Soldiers, civilian employees, and others who comprise the installation/garrison community.Learn more about this agency
- Serves as a principal staff advisor to the Deputy to the Garrison Commander/Garrison Manager on management and operation of vital and diverse garrison/installation Human Resources (HR) programs.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts management studies and analytical assessments to identify and resolve critical garrison/installation operating problems in all assigned functional program areas.
- Ensures development of appropriate study objectives, plan of action and milestones.
- Reviews and analyzes program proposals and recommendations submitted by installation and tenant organizational elements.
- Serves as spokesperson and representative for the installations HR programs in meetings and conferences with partner organizations and representatives.
- Supervises garrison HR subordinate supervisors and employees.
- Provides for development and/or delivery of various program promotional and/or informational media.
- Continually evaluates all aspects of HR program performance and resource utilization to recommend improvements to program approaches, service delivery and to achieve optimum program efficiency.
- Advises the Garrison Commander and senior staff on problems involving the relationship of HR program work to other programs and priorities and its impact on installation-wide and broader programs.
- Through subordinate supervisors, directs, assigns, reviews and evaluates work of the organization and monitors accomplishments.
- Promotes acceptance and adherence to such programs as equal employment opportunity, employment of the handicapped and other similar special emphasis programs.
- Exercises position management responsibility by distributing work and designing jobs economically and efficiently; ensures that subordinates job descriptions are current and accurate.
- Develops or directs the development of performance standards, evaluates the performance of key supervisors, and reviews the evaluations made by subordinates supervisors or other employees.
- Responsible for the preparation of responses to Congressional and other inquiries regarding garrison/installation DHR functional programs/service.
- Responsible for the final review and recommendation on the Financial Program and Budget Plan for assigned programs.
- Monitors program trends through follow-up efforts, surveys, and other data collection methods.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524927700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.