This position serves as Supply Chain Management (SCM) team member, responsible for the direction and control of logistics planning that include multiple activities and geographically separated areas. The primary purpose of this position is to direct, develop and implement policy programs and procedures for accurate supply chain management planning and administration with heavy concentration on the non-expendable equipment side of the supply chain.Learn more about this agency
Major duties and responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with leadership in developing supply chain management strategies;
- Serves as an integrator and/or facilitator for supply chain management customers;
- Ensures all SCM personnel and equipment for the Emergency Medical Response Team (EMRT) are prepared accordingly;
- Identifies and prepares all assigned personnel and equipment for deployment during simulated and actual emergency response exercises(i.e. training, planning and controlling movement);
- Work with the Strategic Equipment Planning Guide (SEPG) and the Electronic Equipment Requests (EER) to ensure compliance
- Works directly with the Supervisor, Inventory Management (NX) on equipment procurement
- Develops logistics and supply chain management training opportunities;
- Analyzes the effectiveness of logistics and vendor support services;
- Recommends changes to procurement actions such as quantity increases, cancelations, cutbacks, delivery rates and ordering periods;
- Resolves logistics, supply, distribution, information and service problems;
- Identifies changes to governing regulations and conflicting directives;
- Monitors computer programs, software and hardware to determine efficiency in meeting supply requirements;
- Provides technical assistance in the areas of logistics planning, integration support and requirements;
- Provides administrative and technical oversight to lower-graded specialist;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: / PD# 546-99943
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524906100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.