To receive consideration, you must submit a resume and answer NASA-specific questions. The NASA questions appear after you submit your resume and are transferred to the NASA web site. If you successfully apply, USAJOBS will show your application status as 'Received'. If your status is 'Application Status Not Available', you have not successfully applied. Do not rely on a USAJOBS email to confirm successful application. Only an email from NASA confirms a successful application.Learn more about this agency
- The Sciences and Exploration Directorate (SED) is one of eight major organizational entities comprising the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC).
- The incumbent's primary area of expertise and concern is the management of science organizations, science instrumentation flight development activities, human capital, and resources.
- Reviews the Directorate's activities including the facilitating of new initiatives, and develops and executes corresponding policies, plans, goals, and procedures.
- Represents the Agency at meetings of national and international organizations and acts as expert technical consultant for the Agency in the incumbent's area of expertise and as a spokesperson for Science for the GSFC.
- Leads the establishment and management of policies and procedures to assure effective and efficient operations for Directorate flight mission, instrument and research projects.
Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training or other work-related duties
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524838100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.