Come work for the USPTO, we have been ranked as one of the Best Places to Work in the Federal Government®! The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has been serving the economic interests of America for more than 200 years. We are responsible for granting US intellectual property rights for patents and trademarks. The USPTO is headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, and has over 12,000 employees. For more information about the USPTO, please visit the USPTO Careers Website.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer, Office of Human Resources, Human Resources Information System Division (HRIS). The employee serves as an authoritative resource for the agency in the area of HR Information Systems.
As a senior Human Resources Specialist (HRIS), you will be responsible for:
- Leading or functioning as an expert for the HR information system(s) on a business process re-engineering team, requirements analysis team, or implementation and conversion team.
- Developing strategic plans for the development, enhancement, maintenance, and future development of the HR information system(s).
- Coordinating work with the USPTO Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Finance Center (NFC), and the Department of Commerce (DOC) to develop and implement HR system solutions, some of which are enterprise wide.
- Providing expert level advice as it relates to the design, implementation, maintenance and/or operation of automated system(s) within the Office of Human Resources.
- Working directly with information systems specialists in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to develop, design and setup software applications to convert HR business practices to computer systems. Studying, analyzing and defining the need to accomplish current and future HR requirements through the use of computer.
- Conducting tests and evaluating computer systems and products; validates acceptance or rejection of new systems and products. Maintains an awareness of IT systems security requirements and ensures all systems hardware and software are protected within established guidelines and directives.
- Collaborating with HR staff, managers and/or supervisors to develop courses of action to resolve complex issues. Analyzing significant management issues and problems and develops recommendations and alternative solutions.
- Using tact, diplomacy, and patience when communicating and dealing with others, e.g., coworkers, managers, supervisors, internal/external customers.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524833800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.