The IT Specialist (Operating Systems) will work in the Office of Information & Technology (OIT), IT Operations & Services (ITOPS), End User Operations (EUO), Service Quality & Support (SQS) Strategic Operations. S/he provides technical support of IT systems inLearn more about this agency
regard to enterprise IT transformation within a systems engineering framework and provides technical and operational systems maintenance in regard to support related issues that affect the plans, goals, and effectiveness of VA nationwide.
- Troubleshoot problems with internal computer systems,communication hardware, and networks.
- Ensure sound and acceptable support procedures that promote technical and functional integrity of the hardware and software implementation at the assigned facilities.
- Install computer and data communications hardware and peripheral equipment.
- Install and implement operating system software.
- Keep Team Management informed on the status of technical hardware/software issues.
- Prepare problem tracking entries/annotations, perform other writing assignments, and input workload hours within specified time frames.
Virtual: Any VA Site nationwide.
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist (Operating Systems)/12453-A/12454-A
Physical Requirements: The work is essentially sedentary but involves some moving, lifting, and occasional travel to facilities and national meetings. The incumbent may be required to work off-hours and weekends to ensure continuity of IT operations.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524817700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.