The incumbent serves as an Editor (Digital/Social Media) for the French-to-Africa Service, with responsibility to write, edit, produce and distribute reports for digital (web, mobile) and other platforms. Incumbent supervises multimedia journalists and production staff and coordinates their work.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reviews and evaluates news sources and developments to identify items for coverage and updates. Communicates with other editors and staff members to ensure comprehensive, timely coverage and necessary updates.
- Works closely with other parts of VOA, such as Central News, Graphics and the Africa Division's Web Editor to make the French-to-Africa digital platforms as attractive and compelling to an audience as possible.
- Writes news-related stories for use on the digital and social media platforms. Uses a variety of sources, including area experts, daily newspapers or magazines, direct sources, witnesses, etc., to research stories.
- Prepares integrated, highly-targeted, well-balanced scripts, web or multimedia program segments, or digital presentations that captures the interest and attention of the audience.
- Quickly and accurately writes feature stories on a variety of subjects for a variety of platforms. Materials are typically complex and sensitive and may involve controversial subjects.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524793600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.