Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Operations Division, Office of Technology & Innovation. The incumbent is responsible for leading the build out and operations of applications on enterprise-wide platforms (notably Salesforce, ServiceNow, Microsoft Office 365).
See our tips on the application process and printable checklist to ensure each step of the application is completed.
As a Supervisory Enterprise Platforms Lead, you will:
- Provide technical expertise on the overall strategic direction, management and oversight of the build-out and operations of the Bureau’s enterprise platforms, ensuring alignment to the organization's mission, strategy, and processes. Enterprise platforms include, but are not limited to Salesforce, ServiceNow, Microsoft Office 365, and Qualtrics.
- Lead short- and long-term investment and acquisition plans to build out the requisite capabilities for building and maintaining the enterprise platforms.
- Lead the definition and evolution of the Bureau’s target enterprise platform architecture and oversees the full portfolio of enterprise platform solution projects and initiatives to ensure they align with the Bureau-wide enterprise artchitecture strategy and support the Bureau’s long-term technology goals.
- Manage IT initiatives of complex and large magnitude requiring the work to be carried out through multiple related IT projects.
- Supervise a team of program managers, solution architects, developers, project managers, business analysts, configuration managers, and administrators responsible managing CFPB’s enterprise platforms.
Occasional travel - occasional travel may be required
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S National
- Public Trust background investigation will be required
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: To qualify at CN-71, you must have one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower band/grade (CN-60, GS-14 or equivalent) in the Federal service. For this position specialized experience is defined as:
- Experience providing strategic direction and management for the enterprise-wide implementation of cloud based applications (e.g., Salesforce, AWS, ServiceNow, etc.). AND
- Experience assessing business requirements across multiple application use cases and developing a strategy to implement, operate and ensure platform reliability and architecture alignment. AND
- Experience procuring and managing multi-million dollar, multi-year integration and licensing contracts for project management, deployment, and rollout of enterprise cloud-based applications and services. AND
- Experience establishing organization-wide operational strategy including organizational change management and application support for a newly-implemented enterprise cloud-based applications (e.g., Salesforce, etc) solution. AND
- Experience developing and implementing best practices for security, privacy, license compliance, and governance of data and architecture on enterprise cloud-based applications.
In addition to the specialized experience stated above, applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
• Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
• Customer Service - Working with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services
• Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
• Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
-Ethics: Bureau employees are subject to government-wide ethical standards of conduct, financial disclosure requirements, and post-employment prohibitions, which applicants may review at www.oge.gov. In addition, employees must comply with the Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (5 CFR 9401), which, among other things, prohibit an employee or the employee’s spouse or minor child from owning or controlling a debt or equity interest in an entity supervised by the Bureau. Regulations also impose restrictions on the outside activities of certain Bureau employees, including examiners and attorneys. Applicants may review the Bureau ethics regulations and a summary of the regulations at www.consumerfinance.gov. Questions regarding these requirements and prohibitions should be directed to the Bureau Ethics Office at EthicsHelp@cfpb.gov.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- A one year supervisory or managerial probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Demonstrating and Sharing Expertise
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Managing Quality Results
- Managing Resources
Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, A, B or C depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
A complete application includes 1. A résumé, 2. Vacancy question responses, and 3. Submission of any required documents. Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, you may not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
Please ensure all required documents, including any required work samples, narratives, or other materials as stated in this announcement, are attached to your application package. Documents can be uploaded under the category of “Cover Letter”.
All applicants are required to submit a résumé either by creating one in USAJOBS or uploading one of their own choosing. (Cover letters are optional.) To receive full credit for relevant experience, please list the month/date/year and number of hours worked for experience listed on your résumé. We suggest that you preview the online questions, as you may need to customize your résumé to ensure that it supports your responses to these questions. Please view résumé tips.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE DOCUMENTATION: If you are claiming veterans preference, please see applicant guide for required documentation. In order to be considered for veterans preference, you must submit all required documentation as outlined in the applicant guide.
CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (CTAP) OR INTERAGENCY CAREER TRANSITION ASSISTANCE PLAN (ICTAP) DOCUMENTATION: If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee, click CTAP/ICTAP for eligibility and a detailed list of required documents you must submit in order to be eligible.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau determines the salary offer for each selectee based primarily on three key factors:
- The selectee’s directly related experience at the same level as the positon
- The selectee’s overall experience in a particular industry or area
- The salaries of other Bureau employees in similar positions and with similar levels of experience.
We also take the selectee’s skill set into account. Applicants should note that salary offers seldom fall near the upper end of the salary range as listed in this vacancy announcement. Salary may be set from the minimum of the salary range to the midpoint of the salary range. In some instances, based on a selectee’s extensive experience directly related to the position, salary may be set at or above the mid-point up to the maximum salary for that band level.
See information on our base pay ranges and salary structure.
Our comprehensive benefits are among the most generous in the federal government. They include:
- Challenging and rewarding work benefiting American consumers
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Comprehensive Federal health, vision, dental, life, and long-term care insurance programs
- Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/201310_cfpb_benefits.pdf
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
How to Apply
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has partnered with the Treasury's Bureau of the Fiscal Service to provide certain personnel services to its organization. Fiscal Service's responsibilities include advertising vacancies, accepting and handling applications, and extending job offers.
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on the announcement's closing date.
The Bureau provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
To begin, either click the “Create a New Account” button and follow the prompts to register or if you previously registered, click the "Apply Online" button and follow the prompts.
You will be re-directed to the Bureau'sCareerConnector system to complete your application process; answer the online questions, and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, click one of the available options; Upload; Fax; or Reuse existing documents. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN). Also, go to “My Account” to view and update your information, as necessary.
To complete, you must click the “Finish” button located at the bottom of the “Application Review” page.
To verify your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select the Application Status link and then select the more information link for this position. The Details page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and any correspondence the agency has sent related to this application.
To return to an incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account and click Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
If you are experiencing system issues with your application, please contact the CareerConnector Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the USAJOBS Help Desk.
Agency contact information
Applicant Call Center
AddressConsumer Financial Protection Bureau
*** Please see the "How to Apply" section ***
Parkersburg, West Virginia 26106
To check the status of your application for this position, please follow these steps:
1. Login to your USAJOBS account, select the "Applications" section and click on the vacancy you would like to view and have already applied for.
2. Under "application status," click "additional application information" and you will be taken to the CareerConnector website where you can check your application status. The "additional application information" link may not be available if your application status says "Unavailable." This indicates that your application is not complete.
If the "additional application information" link is not available and the vacancy is still open, you can click on the job announcement and "Update Application" to be taken back to the CareerConnector portion of the application.
Please notify us at CFPBINQUIRIES@FISCAL.TREASURY.GOV if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Legal and regulatory guidance
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524777600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.