Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous announcement open until 02/14/2020 or when filled. Applicants will be referred for consideration every two weeks.
A Recruitment/Relocation Incentive with a service agreement may be authorized for a Highly Qualified Candidate.
You may be eligible to apply for the Education Debt Reduction Program. Please contact Human Resources at this medical center and speak with the Education Debt Reduction Program Coordinator for additional information.
C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center, Bay Pines, FL: Outpatient Mental Health Clinic: General MHC Psychiatry assignment. Primary duties of a qualified candidate involve caring for Veterans who have a wide variety of disorders with our interdisciplinary team. The physician will work with Veterans in our outpatient clinic in our new state-of-the-art MH building. Duties will include the provision of evidence based treatment in an interdisciplinary environment. Opportunities available for teaching medical students and/or residents and consultation with other services. The is also a vacancy for a Substance Abuse Treatment Program. Lee County VA Healthcare Center, Cape Coral, FL: Lee County VA Healthcare Center, Cape Coral, FL: Duties include but are not limited to: Psychiatric management of an assigned panel of patients, assisting Veterans to achieve their full recovery potential and returning to Primary Care follow-up when appropriate.
At all locations, the outpatient psychiatrist is responsible for Psychiatric examination and treatment, coordination of medical care with a multidisciplinary team, coordination of consultations, referral of patients, operation of quality assurance and utilization programs including peer reviews, open and closed medical record reviews and utilization reviews.
- Serves as a liaison between community clinic physicians and services and physicians at VA Healthcare System (VAHCS), Bay Pines, FL.
- Coordinates preventive health care needs according to guidelines established by the Department of Veterans Affairs and sound psychiatric practice.
- Maintains an active knowledge of the patient care processes of the Department of Veterans Affairs, the medical center, and its clinics.
- Maintains an active knowledge of the medical records system (CPRS).
- Uses the computerized medical record system for progress notes, orders, and medical record review and completion of such records in a complete and timely.
- Has knowledge of and abides by VAHCS Bylaws, VHA Rules and Regulations and have a familiarization with existing VA specific clinical guidelines.
Work Schedule, C.W. Bill Young VA Medical Center: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday; however, the expansion of mental health services requires flexible clinic hours in addition to rotational & telephone on-call responsibilities.
Work Schedule Lee County: 8:00 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday, with the potential for flexible clinic hours. No after-hours call responsibilities.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524753600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.