This position works in the operational divisions of the District of Columbia Courts providing administrative and clerical support as assigned.Learn more about this agency
This announcement will create a roster for all Superior Court Deputy Clerk vacancies.
The starting salary will be a Grade 6, Step 1 unless you are currently in the Federal or DC Government.
If you previously applied for a Deputy Clerk posting, you must reapply for consideration.
The Deputy Clerk works in the operational divisions of the District of Columbia Courts providing administrative and clerical support as assigned. The duties include some or all of the following:
- Assists the general public, attorneys, judicial officers and staff.
- Reviews and processes documents and orders.
- Completes forms or other materials such as warrants, summonses, complaints, and subpoenas.
- Provides and receives information from citizens, police officers and witnesses as necessary for clarifying facts or preparing reports.
- Enters and retrieves data using automated databases and manual logs.
- Maintains calendars, appointments, juries, and services.
- Collects and compiles statistical data.
- Administers oaths or affirmations.
- Types correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Files jackets and case documents.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524749900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.