The Telecom Specialist will provide expertise in telecommunication technologies to the Network & Telecom Branch and serves as a hands-on 3rd tier telecom support for the Courts, as well as within the Information Technology Division, to perform troubleshooting and resolve complex communications equipment problems.Learn more about this agency
The Telecom Specialist provides coverage outside of business hours, on-call support for critical systems on a rotating basis and, where necessary, work the occasional weekend/evening to perform maintenance, upgrades, and repairs or troubleshooting.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Plans, organizes, and executes projects which are of critical importance to the telecommunications mission
- Analyzes and tests systems and equipment which have complex characteristics and features
- Monitors the VoIP telephones systems
- Administers Avaya Voice Communication Systems, Avaya Call Management System, and troubleshoots data voice lines and performance issues
- Manages the DC Courts Alert system which automatically sends notifications by e-mail, phone, or text message to all registered users
- Functions as technical representative and participates in acquisition of telecommunications systems and services
- Serves as liaison with vendors and contractors doing business with the Court
- Writes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all software applications that are used by the Telecom Team
- Participates in the design and architecture of the next generation telecommunication systems
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524749300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.