The Behavioral Health Interdisciplinary Program (BHIP) Team Supervisor is a member of Mental Health Service leadership and works directly for one of the Section Chiefs (Social Work, Psychology, Psychiatry). This position is located at the Behavior Medicine Service (BMS) of Eastern Oklahoma VA Healthcare System. The position is located at the 11th street clinic in Tulsa.Learn more about this agency
As a Licensed Provider for the Department of Veterans Affairs, you will practice independently in the provision of psychological services, engage in professional and scientific work which relates to behavior, capacities, personality, interests, emotions and mental disorders.consulting with peers and supervisors as appropriate.
PLEASE NOTE: Qualified clinical trainees, residents, fellows, interns, etc. are encouraged to apply; please follow the instructions in the How to Apply section.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological or neuropsychological assessments, treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders
- Provide are individual, family, and group psychotherapies and other interventions such as behavioral health and community interventions
- Consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues. Staff psychologists may be involved in program evaluation, teaching, training, and research activities
- Participates in providing the full range of psychological treatments offered to patients in need of treatment for depression, PTSD, anxiety, and related mental health problems.
- Responsibilities include oversight of a small multidisciplinary team, that encompasses several component parts integral to the functioning of the medical center.
- Psychologist will be responsible for 24/7 ER on-call rotation as scheduled . Psychologist will be available during those time to present in person to the ER for crisis assessment.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524744600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.