Incumbent performs administrative support tasks to contribute to and ensure the efficient operation of the Sergeant at Arms Division of Police Services/Law Enforcement. Incumbent will develop and maintain a general working knowledge of the Division and a broad understanding of the Office of the Sergeant at Arms.Learn more about this agency
1. Must be detail oriented, organized, possess ability to complete projects within timelines and under minimal supervision, proficient in Microsoft and preparation of routine reports.
2. Ability to analyze trends in data and reports.
3. Develop presentations and project status reports.
4. Evaluate existing security related training and literature for district office staff, identify areas for programmatic improvement and assist implementation of improvements.
5. Perform customer service activities: schedule appointments and meetings; explain programs, policies and procedures within the scope of authority; provide information of general or limited technical nature; take messages and refer callers to appropriate person or department.
6. Provide staff support and administrative assistance to Police Services Division.
7. Collect and tabulate data to assist the Police Services Division with district office security program.
8. Report on progress and provide regular updates to Police Services management.
9. Work with other Sergeant at Arms Divisions and US Capitol Police to ensure that project objectives are achieved within established timeframes.
10. Assist with the formulation of positions on security issues for the Sergeant at Arms.
11. Assist with the communication of positions on security issues for the Sergeant at Arms.
Occasional travel - This position may require occasional travel.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524675500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.