The Spinal Cord Injury Staff Nurse (SCI RN) of the Nursing and Patient Care Services in VA San Diego Healthcare System is primarily located in VA Medical Center, La Jolla, CA. The SCI RN is competent in all the Spinal Cord Injury Universal Core requirements, such as, competency in psychomotor skills, cognitive and affective skills, and recognizing and managing Autonomic Dysreflexia.Learn more about this agency
The duties of SCI RN are, but not limited to, the following:
- Performs procedures or seeks help when needed, such as IV insertion, blood transfusions, urinary catheter insertion and care.
- Safely and effectively uses equipment required for patient care. Reports equipment in need of repair.
- Takes and records vital signs. Recognizes subtle abnormal signs and symptoms and/or changes in patients' condition and responds appropriately.
- Initiates and implements an interdisciplinary plan of care based on assessments.
- Uses the Computerized Patient Record System(CPRS) and the Bar-Coded Medication Administration(BCMA) software per policy.
- Functions as charge nurse/team leader in providing direction to staff in meeting patient care needs.
- Evaluates and documents patient response to interventions and patients and families in educational needs and discharge planning.
- Provides leadership in establishing goals, evaluating the plan of care, and in discharge planning.
- Demonstrates grade-appropriate and consistent critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates leadership with compliance with infection control practices, such as hand washing and wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Develops and presents two (2) unit-level-in service per rating year.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524672100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.