The employee works as an intermittent (service performed without a regularly scheduled tour of duty) permanent dietitian.Learn more about this agency
The Registered Dietitian is involved in the professional practice of clinical nutrition, works independently with minimal supervision in accordance with the guidance set forth in Nutrition and Food Services policies and procedures. The clinician may be scheduled and assigned to any area across the care continuum, but will primarily provide care in the primary care area, and must possess the required knowledge and skills in order to perform the following functions:
- Performs nutrition assessment utilizing the nutrition care process as established by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for patients identified as high nutritional risk / as referred from inpatient, primary care, CLC or HBPC team.
- Determines a primary nutritional diagnosis and etiology related to the active medical problem or other medical problems as identified and appropriate.
- Establishes clinically relevant goals / expected outcomes utilizing valid indicators, which are human condition-based, measurable, realistic, and set within a clinically relevant time-frame.
- Implements / recommends and communicates case specific interventions consistent with available therapeutic diets / established formulary products utilizing current guidelines as reflected in the current literature
- Implements / recommends further diagnostic tests, within the clinician's scope of practice, needed to rule in /out nutrition specific diagnoses and collaborates with other healthcare providers, referring patients to appropriate clinics or Community Based Programs as necessary to provide optimal care.
- Determines individual and population specific education needs and provides education accordingly.
- Coordinates the development of dynamic nutrition education modules to be integrated into the medical centers and department's ongoing patient education programs and participates in health promotion and disease prevention activities.
- Participates with quality management by documenting assessment in timely fashion, following documentation standards, evaluating the effectiveness of services provided, and taking leadership responsibility to improve programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, various shifts in various locations, Intermittent Work Schedule, no guaranteed hours.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You will be expected to travel (driving) for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/524650400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.